OLD BRIDGE CHAMBER ORCHESTRA 2018-2019 STRING AUDITION ANNOUNCEMENT
- Application CVs Due: 5:00 PM, October 1, 2018, delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Rehearsal Audition (by invitation only): 7:30 PM, October 11, 2018, Beville Middle School, 4901 Dale Blvd, Woodbridge, VA 22193
Prince William County, Virginia, September 11, 2018 – Old Bridge Chamber Orchestra (“OBCO”) is accepting applications for violin, viola, cello, and bass volunteer performers for its 2018-2019 season. Led by Maestro David Kirven of The U.S. Army Band “Pershings Own,” OBCO has an exciting season planned:
- 7:30 PM, November 15th and 17th: Verdi’s Overture to Nabucco, Beethoven’s Triple Concerto, Ravel’s Pavane Pour Une Infante Defunte, and Borodin’s Polovtsian Dances
- 7:30 PM, December 21st and 22nd: Handel’s Messiah
- 7:30 PM, March 14th and 16th: Brahms’s Academic Festival Overture, Bruch’s Double Concerto in E minor, featuring Marcolivia, and Sibelius’s Symphony No. 2
- 7:30 PM, May 23rd and 25th: Gershwin’s An American in Paris, Bernstein’s Selections from West Side Story, Schonberg’s Selections from Les Miserables, Webber’s Selections from Phantom of the Opera, and Rogers’s Selections from The Sound of Music
In addition, OBCO’s musicians are invited to participate in special events such as Drag Queen Music and Story Hour, the Summer Library Series for Kids, and paid gigs via OBCO’s sister LLC that provides small ensembles for local events.
To apply, interested musicians should deliver their Curriculum Vitae (“CV”) to OBCO Personnel Coordinator, Chris Dixon, at email@example.com on or before October 1, 2018. The CV should include the following information about you: 1) full name, 2) primary instrument, 3) secondary instruments, 4) mailing address, 5) email address, 6) phone number, 7) ensembles with whom you performed during the last two years, 8) education and training on your primary and secondary instruments, 9) availability to rehearse on Thursday evenings, 7:30 – 9:30 PM, and 10) availability for each of the scheduled concerts.
Successful applicants will be invited to audition by sitting in with the ensemble at its rehearsal at 7:30 PM on Thursday, October 11, 2018, at Beville Middle School. Invitations to join OBCO will follow that rehearsal.